Vadodara is one of the most appealing urban centers in the Gujarat region. Vadodara receives a mixture of tourists from all over the country. People are attracted here by Vadodara’s modern outlook, its catholicity and due to its cosmopolitan culture. Vadodara city is also a renowned center for academics. So, travel to Vadodara and discover its eclectic character and also things to do in Vadodara.
Things To Do In Vadodara
How To Reach Vadodara?
- By Air: Vadodara has its own airport and has flights from Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Delhi on daily as well as weekly basis. As the airport is 6 km away from the city so the taxis and auto-rickshaws services are easily available outside.
- By Rail: Vadodara lies on the main gauge railway lines between Mumbai to Ahmedabad and from Mumbai to Delhi.
- By Bus: The city is well connected by roads to various parts of the country which includes Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Rajasthan.
Best Time To Visit In Vadodara
The summers are very hot in Vadodara so it’s ideal to travel in October to March. The whether this time is pleasant. Traveling in October has an added adventure of being the time of Navratri festival.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Vadodara offers a wide range of places to stay which includes low, medium and high budget option. The accommodation here ranges from star hotels to inexpensive accommodations with few frills.
- FOOD: In Vadodara, you can find anything including Indian, south Indian, North Indian, local Gujarati delicious thalis. Don’t forget to taste Sev Usal which is very famous here.
- ACTIVITIES: There are not many options available for outdoor activities in Vadodara. Here you can just explore the various monuments and places around the city.
- Lakshmi Vilas Palace
- Ranchhodraiji Temple
- Ajwa Fun World
- Maharaja Sayajirao University
- Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum
- Sayaji Baug
- Nazarbaug Palace
- Sursagar Lake
Excursions Near Vadodara
- Pavagadh – 45 km
- Dabhoi Fort – 29 km
- Champaner – 45 km
So here are also some things to do in Vadodara.
Images: Google Images