SURAT – The Shining Gem Of India, In Spite of being hit by recent riots, Surat has emerged becoming a stronger business capital. It is a place where world’s 92% diamonds are carved and polished. Surat – “The Shining Gem Of India” has one of the largest textile mills in India. So, visit Surat to explore the beauty of the business town.
SURAT – The Shining Gem Of India
HOW TO REACH SURAT?
- By Air: Surat has its own airport and receives flights from major cities like Mumbai and Delhi. Buses and taxi services are easily available outside the airport.
- By Rail: Surat is considered as the major rail network in the Western area. It is connected to all the Indian major cities via Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
- By Bus: Surat is well connected by road to main cities such as Vadodara -140 km, Ahmedabad -267 km, Mumbai -326 km, Junagadh -531 km and Bhuj -619 km.
BEST TIME TO VISIT SURAT
The best time to visit Surat is in winters between October to February as the summers are very hot and it is too wet in monsoons. In October, Navratri is celebrated with great joy by doing dandiya and Garba dances.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: As the city is considered as a business town, it has several options for staying. You can easily find a hotel with in-house restaurants, a.c rooms and quality service.
- FOOD: If you are a visitor and looking for something special then try out the ‘Undhiyu’, ‘Surti Locho’, ‘Ghari’ which is a local dish that uses different ingredients and cooking styles.
- ACTIVITIES: There are not too many options for outdoor activities. It includes visiting a water park nearby the city for enjoying some watersports.
PLACES TO VISIT IN SURAT
- Old Fort
- Surat Castle
EXCURSIONS NEAR SURAT
- Dumas – 16 km
- Hajira – 28 km
- Ubharat – 42 km
Images: Google Images