Saputara hill station which is situated at an altitude of 1000 meters, known for its greenery, bracing climate, and densely wooded town. If you are tired of your busy life and want to take a break then you can plan a trip to Saputara which is popularly known as Gujarat’s only hill station. Here is something more about Saputara tourism.
HOW TO REACH SAPUTARA?
- By Air: There is no airport in Saputara. The nearest airport is in Surat which is about 164 km away from the hill station. From here you can either hire a taxi or you can travel through state-run buses directly from Surat to Saputara.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is Waghai which is 50 km away from Saputara. If you are traveling from Ahmedabad, Surat or even from Mumbai then Bilimora railway station is the convenient one as you can get direct transport from Bilimora to Saputara.
- By Bus: Saputara is well connected by road to almost all the major cities of Gujarat. You can travel through state-run buses as well as through private luxury coaches.
BEST TIME TO VISIT SAPUTARA
Mid-March to mid-November is the best time to visit Saputara. It is a hill station so it does not experience extreme climate. The hills are more attractive in monsoon season when the greenery is on its top.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Searching for a place to live in Saputara will not be a problem for anyone as the hill station offers a variety of accommodations to the travelers. The hotels in Saputara ranges from budget hotels to middle range.
- FOOD: Saputara offers decent options for dining out which includes famous Gujarati and Punjabi thali. You can also try Chinese cuisine.
- ACTIVITIES: As Saputara is a hill station, there is a lot you can do which includes trekking, hiking, wildlife viewing, boating, and nature walks.
PLACES TO VISIT IN SAPUTARA
- Step Garden
- Saputara Tribal Museum
- Saputara Lake
- Top Point
EXCURSIONS NEAR SAPUTARA
- Botanical Garden – 49 km
- Gira Falls – 49 km
- Mahal Forest – 68 km
So here is something more about Saputara tourism.
Images: Google Images