A destination spot which is not so known to people, Bihar holds in itself its great glory and history that descends to ages back. The list of places to visit in Bihar are numerous and Bihar is a place for religious as well as industrial units. The culture and diversity of the state are commendable.
Places To Visit In Bihar :
- Nalanda: When it comes to education, it is nearly impossible to beat Bihar. The Oldest University of India is located in Bihar named Nalanda University. It is one of the famous Bihar destinations and also one of the best places to visit in Bihar because Mahavir and Buddha gave lectures in this University. The place is nearly in ruins now, but it attracts many visitors every year.
- Gaya: A Hindu pilgrimage place, Bodhgaya is an important place for the Hindus as they come here for offering prayers to the Almighty. Bodhgaya Temple is one of the most Buddhist pilgrimages in the world. Gaya is the place where Buddha got enlightened under a Bodhi Tree. If you love to indulge in Buddhism, this temple offers you many courses. Bodhgaya is treated as a Bihar tourist place, and it dates back to the Maurya and Gupta Dynasty.
- Navlakha Palace: Historical places in Bihar, the Navlakha Palace is known for its beauty and the dynamic architecture that was carved hundreds of years back. The Palace is so beautiful, even today one can find the brilliance in this architecture. The Palace was ruined to some even extent by the earthquake in 1934, but the undying lakes and gardens make this place worth visiting. This is why it share its name in the list of most amazing places to visit in Bihar.
- Mahabodhi and Bodhgaya Temple:.
Historical Places in Bihar:
- Takht Sri Patna Sahib
- Mahavir Mandir
- The Ganges River
- Kakolat Falls
- Funtasia Water Park
When it comes to food, Bihar can’t be kept at the back because it has some of the most delicious dishes that people have ever tasted.
The Traditional food of Bihar:
- Litti Chokha: A dish made with wheat flour and also with the perfect combination of flour, spicy and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Litti Chokha is a staple food of Bihar which comes with a vegetable mix which just tastes heaven. This dish is famous for all kinds of occasions.
- Malpua: A sweet dish is a must in every state and Malpua is made of mashed bananas, milk, sugar. Malpuas are deep fried till they become crunchy and crispy. During festivals and important ceremonies in homes, this special dish is prepared.
- Kadhi Badi: This is a savory dish which is prepared mainly during the festival of Holi and people of Bihar can’t just stay away from this dish. Visitors coming to this place do get a taste of this fantastic dish, and everyone just seems to love it.
If one wants to explore the entire Bihar, they will find many such attractions from which they won’t be able to stay away. Bihar can be treated as an inspiring place which teaches people the importance of equality and unity. This destination place is on the verge of becoming the most soughed place in the coming years.
Images: Google Images