Junagadh – The Mesmerizing City Of Ancient Monuments, If you love the architecture, history and heritage, then Junagadh is a little city in Gujarat to explore. Junagadh – The Mesmerizing City Of Ancient Monuments is an ancient city full of Hindu temples, mosques, gothic archways, Buddhist monuments and wonderful mansions. Travel the city full of heritage to explore the timeless allure of this city of Junagadh, Junagadh tourism.
HOW TO REACH JUNAGADH?
- By Air: The closest airport is at Keshod which is around 40 km’s away from the city. It will be better to check whether the flights are operating to this airport. Another option is the airport at Rajkot which is around 107 km’s away from the city. This airport is well connected to major Indian cities.
- By Rail: Junagadh city is connected from Ahmedabad and other big cities.
- By Bus: Through road, Junagadh is about 377 km away from Ahmedabad via Rajkot.
BEST TIME TO VISIT JUNAGADH
October to March is the best time to visit Junagadh as the weather is pleasant this time and the temperature ranges from 20 to 28°C.
- Accommodations: There is not a wide range of accommodation available in the Junagadh city. The hotels are comfortable but not very posh.
- Food: Eating out in Junagadh is all about Gujarati cuisine for which the city is famous. Don’t miss to eat the ‘Kadi’ and ‘Khaman Dhokla’.
- Activities: The outdoor activities in Junagadh are limited to a tour of historic places or you can visit various temples and Buddhist monasteries, Junagadh – The Mesmerizing City Of Ancient Monuments
PLACES TO VISIT IN JUNAGADH
- Mount Girnar
- Jami Masjid
- Gir National Park
- Sakkarbaug Zoological Garden
- Uparkot Fort
- Ashoka’s Rock Edicts
EXCURSIONS NEAR JUNAGADH
- Sasan Gir National Park – 54 km
- Chorwad beach – 66 km
- Somnath temple – 80 km
Images: Google Images