I mean, who doesn’t love Holi festival? It’s filled with so much fun and color. We keep waiting for it all round the year. Holi is celebrated in the end of February or early March. It is considered as a festival of colors that rebuild the people’s relationships. The celebration starts with the bonfire and rubbing ‘Gulal’ and ‘Abeer’ on faces starts off. Here are the holi hacks for skin, nails, and hair.
Keeping the side on the fun filled memories, it also leaves us with bad hair and skin.
So what about the after effect? Honestly, people who care about their skin and hair will definitely have to take some sort of prevention to overcome such situation without avoiding and joy and pleasure. So here are some very useful holi hacks for skin, nails, and hair.
Precautions To Take Before You Play Holi
- Go for minimal makeup with a little mascara and nude lips.
- Apply coconut oil from roots to tip so that it will be easy for you to wash it off.
- Apply curd before washing your hair.
- Do not blow dry your hair or straighten for a couple of days. Allow it to breathe.
- Soak yourself in sunscreen and oil. It might feel a bit greasy, but your colors are going to come off really easily and your skin is protected from the sun.
- If you are a sensitive skin beauty, then do not exfoliate too much instead use a malai mask.
- Use card to take off the colors by blotting it with a clean towel.
- If your skin feels so dry, try using a bit of honey and curd together and apply as a mask.
- Do not use nail polish removers or acetone on the skin to remove Holi stains. You might become more prone to pigmentation and more sensitive.
Holi Hacks For Nails
It is essential to care for your nails during Holi, as the color stays on for a really long time and it might also cause infection and damage if you have really sensitive skin. Trim your nails to get avoid deposits to enter. Paint it with a dark color to protect your nails, put at least two coats. Add petroleum jelly on the cuticles before stepping out.
Holi Hacks For Skin
Your skin is literally what suffers more during Holi. Avoid getting skin treatments like waxing, threading or bleaching a week prior and after Holi. Use oil and sunscreen on exposed body parts so that the color does not stick to your skin. Do not apply makeup and stick to the bare minimum and use a moisturizing lip balm to protect your lips.
Holi Hacks For Hair
Use castor, olive or coconut oil generously on your hair before stepping out and don’t forget to braid or tie your hair. Oiling might make your hair look tidy, but come on! It’s Holi and who cares! Don’t forget the after effect, though!
Holi After Party Tips
- Take a shower in lukewarm water and don’t use hot water as it might burn your skin.
- Use besan and milk mask to remove the color naturally every day on the affected body parts.
- Also for sensitive skin beauties use fresh aloe Vera gel to reduce redness and rashes.
Hope you love these tips and now you are ready to enjoy Holi without any fear!
Images: Google Images