Jodhpur is the second largest city in the Rajasthan. It is a popular tourist destinations consisting of beautiful palaces, forts and temples which are set in the stark landscape of Thar Desert. Due to its bright sunny weather all year round, Jodhpur is known as the ‘Sun City’. So here is a guide on Jodhpur tourism.
HOW TO REACH JODHPUR?
- By Air: There are direct flights from Mumbai, Delhi, Udaipur and Jaipur to Jodhpur which are operated thrice a week. The airport is just 5 km away from the town. Taxi and auto-rickshaw services are easily available outside the airport.
- By Rail: Jodhpur is connected by train to various parts of Indian cities including Mumbai, Varanasi, Delhi and Ahmedabad. The trains operated are fast and superfast trains to all the major cities of Gujarat.
- By Bus: Jodhpur is well connected by road to Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Delhi and Ahmedabad.
BEST TIME TO VISIT JODHPUR
It is very hot in summers so the best time to visit Jodhpur is in winters from October to March. You can enjoy the festival of Dusshera and Diwali which is celebrated with great joy.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Jodhpur has a variety of places to stay which ranges from luxury resorts to budget hotels. You can easily choose according to your pocket and taste.
- FOOD: There are many places to eat in Jodhpur in reasonably priced restaurants. If you visit here and are fond of sweets then must try ‘Mawa ki kachori’ which is a rich sweetmeat with a filling of dry fruits and milk.
- ACTIVITIES: The outdoor activities in Jodhpur are limited to visiting the palaces and can do photography. You can go for desert safari to explore the beautiful sand area.
PLACES TO VISIT IN JODHPUR
- Umaid Bhawan Palace
- Jaswant Thada
- Mehrangarh Fort
EXCURSIONS NEAR JODHPUR
- Balsamand Lake & Palace – 7 kms
- Guda Bishnoi – 25 kms
- Ossian – 65 km
Images: Google Images