Ahmedabad Gujarat, After Mumbai, modern Ahmedabad is the second largest city in western India. It is known as the business city of Gujarat. It is famous for its old-fashioned architectural delights including carved wooden Havelis & mansions. While the newer side of Ahmedabad shows us the glimpses of India’s contemporary architecture. So, travel this amazing Indian destination to know more about the textile city of western India, Ahmedabad Gujarat.
HOW TO REACH AHMEDABAD?
- By Air: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Airport is situated in Ahmedabad which is connected to major Indian cities including Goa, Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata as well as some international cities including Singapore, Kuala Lumpur etc. The airport is just 10 km away from the city. You can hire tourist bus, taxi or auto-rickshaw.
- By Rail: There are many superfast express trains linked to Ahmedabad from Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai and other major cities. Taxis and autorickshaws are available easily outside the railway station.
- By Bus: Gujarat has one of the best road networks in India. Connecting to major Indian cities, Gujarat has four-lane roads and has restaurants, hotels and gas stations at regular intervals.
BEST TIME TO VISIT AHMEDABAD
November to February is the best time to visit Ahmedabad as the weather is cool and pleasant at this time. The temperature at day time remains at 20°C. Here a kite festival is organised in the month of January and participants come from all over the world to test their kite flying skills.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Staying is not a problem in Ahmedabad as it offers a wide range of options. Lodges and guesthouses are available in the budget here for a middle-class traveller. 5-star luxury hotels with full comfort are available for those who do not care much about the pocket.
- FOOD: If you are travelling first time in Gujarat then try dhokla, khandvi and shrikhand which are the specialities of Gujarat. You must try the Gujarati thali which consists of different combinations of dals, vegetables and sweets.
- ACTIVITIES: Ahmedabad is a limited in terms of outdoor activities. You can watch the sceneries outside the city to explore the flora and fauna of Gujarat.
PLACES TO VISIT AHMEDABAD
- Kite Museum
- Sabarmati Ashram
- Adalaj Step Well
- Calico Museum of Textiles
- Hutheesing Jain Temple
- Kankaria Lake
- Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary
- Auto World Vintage Car Museum
- Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Museum
- N.C Mehta Museum of Miniatures
EXCURSIONS NEAR AHMEDABAD
- Step Well Adalaj Vav – 19 km
- Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary – 58 km
- Modhera Sun Temple – 105 km
- Patan – 130 km
Images: Google Images